An annual cultural event, The International Children’s Friendship Festival will be held on April 14th and 15th at the Seattle Center, Fisher Pavilion. Since 2010, this event recognizes children and youth all over the world. The festival is organized by the Turkish American Cultural Association of Washington.
The parliament that governs Turkey was formed on April 23rd 1920, which is known as the birth of Modern Turkey. With the belief that the future of a new nation was only possible through investing in its children, founder Mustafa Kemal Ataturk declared April 23rd to be celebrated as both National Sovereignty Day and Children’s Day.
At this event, you will find children representing various nationalities through music, dancing and art. Aside from stage performances, the festival will feature activities for arts, crafts and presentations. Over the years, the festival has had the opportunity to host guest performers from Republic of Seychelles, Mongolia and Mexico. The festival is proud to give the children the opportunity to learn about different backgrounds and develop friendships with one another. Though the event is volunteer-run, it has become well-known and sees an increasing number of new children every year. Whether you are a participant or just joining in on the celebration, you will feel the positive energy from the Seattle community at the International Children’s Friendship Festival. The event is free and open to the public.
The Windermere Mercer Island team is incredibly excited about Summer Celebration this year. Summer Celebration’s 2017 theme is “Out of this World!”
We have a new booth that we’ll be debuting in Mercerdale Park. Stop by to check it out, and make sure to bring the kids to participate our coloring contest.
We’ll be hosting our 12th annual My First Garden children’s planting event and…. Ciscoe Morris will be leading it this year! Ciscoe will offer his fun, entertaining plant knowledge and gardening experience to this year’s My First Garden as he leads the young gardeners through planting a flower in a decorated pot to take home.
In addition, we’re proud to be the sponsor of the Windermere Stage. There’s a great line up of musical acts scheduled to perform over the weekend!
Below is the schedule of Windermere sponsored events, which will occur in the Mercerdale Park festival location.
My First Garden with Ciscoe Morris, a kid’s free flowing planting event sponsored by Windermere Real Estate
Windermere Stage, 2 pm Saturday
Entertainment on the Windermere Stage
Saturday, 7/8 from 11 am – 7 pm
Sunday, 7/9 from 10 am – 5 pm
The Windermere Booth Coloring Contest and Giveaways
Saturday, 7/8 from 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday, 7/9 from 10 am – 5 pm
Click here to access more details about the weekend schedule.
If you have worked with a Windermere Real Estate agent to buy or sell a home, your transaction helped provide funds to the Windermere Foundation. Those dollars were used to improve the lives of your neighbors in need. The infographic below illustrates the services funded by the Windermere Foundation, and demostrates how even a small amount can make a big difference for low-income children and their families.
The Windermere Foundation’s goal is to reach $30 million in total donations by the end of 2015 – and we’re well on our way. Thanks to the generosity of Windermere owners, agents, staff, and our community partners, last year we passed the $28 million mark. Less than $2 million to go!
Please visit http://www.windermere.com/foundation to learn more about the Foundation’s mission. And if you’d like to help us reach our goal, there is an online donation button on the web page, or you may send a check to The Windermere Foundation, 5424 Sand Point Way NE Seattle, WA 98105.
Thank you so much for your support through out the years. You truly have made a difference in the lives of many people.
This infographic originally appeared on Windermere Blog.
The Farmers Market is open today, Sunday 10 – 3 PM and ready for you to stop on by! Some highlights for the market!
- At the children’s table is Little Red Hen’s Wheat. Come check it out!
The Farmers Market is open tomorrow, Sunday 10 – 3 PM 8/25 and ready for you to stop on by! Some of our recent favorites include:
- Jeb’s Wild Salmon– a family of fisherman bringing a selection of wild caught salmon to the streets of M.I.
- Seattle Salsa Guy– handcrafted salsas made without preservatives, additives or canned tomatoes
- Pedal Smoothies– custom smoothies blended by a bicycle (a novel idea, we know)
Have a great weekend!
The Farmers Market is open tomorrow, Sunday 10 – 3 PM 8/18 and ready for you to stop on by! Some highlights for the market!
- Music playing is the Strange Nails band they are funk rock with a jazzy flare.
- At the children’s table is Carrot Top Gardens, Come See!!
- Outreach table is not every Sunday but occasionally and this Sunday it is their being hosted by the Mercer Island Women’s Club. See what they are all about.
The Farmers Market is open tomorrow, Sunday 10 – 3 PM 8/11 and ready for you to stop on by! Some highlights for the market!
- Music playing is the Summer Januaries band with guitar, vocals and a little blue grass with folk and pop!
- At the children’s table is berry ink. Come check it out!
- And there will be a tasting demo that day come see!!
- High 5 will be serving free samples of Marionberry Pie come see and try some!!
The Farmers Market is closed Sunday, 7/14 due to Seafair Celebrations and Air Show!!!
- Next week is the 6th anniversary for MIFM National Farmers Market Week.
The Farmers Market is open today, 10 – 3 PM 7/28 and ready for you to stop on by! Some highlights for the market!
- Guest cart at the MIFM Absolut Hot dogs, featuring all sorts of hot dogs, veggie dogs, kosher dogs,Louisiana dogs, turkey dogs, a dog for everyone. Come check them out.
- Sno Valley mushrooms will be at the market. Oyster shiitake mushrooms, see how you can grow your own!
- Produce, produce, produce lots to come check out today, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, tomatoes, and so much more come check it out today!!!
The Farmers Market is open 10 – 3 PM Sunday, Sunday 7/21 and ready for you to stop on by! Some highlights for the market!
- Casper Babypants will be performing live at 10:30am
- Healthy snacks for the kids will be available at the Tasting Table for lunch with the kiddo’s
- After Casper the music continues with Folichon Cajun Band. Folichon is french for ‘Fun’! Cajun music to dance to!