Super checklist of tips for buyers trying to navigate the lightning fast pace of the Seattle, Mercer Island and Eastside housing markets.
There is no doubt that the local real estate market is hot. Last month in King County:
- 57% of homes sold in less than 15 days.
- 4 out of 10 homes sold for over list price.
- 25% of home sales were cash sales.
With more people competing for fewer homes, it can be frustrating to be a home buyer. Here are some tips that can help you gain an advantage and get a home that you love.
1) Get ready to compromise. Separate your needs from your wants.
In a competitive market, most buyers will have to compromise on location, amenities or condition of the home. Make a list of your must-haves and features you’d like (but can live without), and prepare to be flexible.
2) Get pre-approved for a mortgage.
With many buyers now offering cash, it’s critical to get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start looking…
View original post 195 more words